Sinus Survival Quick Fix
Protocol for Cold/Sinus Infection Relief
At the first sign of uncomfortable cold or sinus symptoms, such as sore throat or nasal congestion, take quick action with the Sinus Survival recommendations detailed below. Best followed for 10 days, these steps can really help to ease symptoms, strengthen your immunity, and reduce inflammation and infection.
8 Strategies for Relieving Cold/Sinus Symptoms:
1. Improve your diet. It is very helpful to eliminate inflammatory and yeast promoting foods including sugar, refined carbohydrates, dairy, alcohol, white flour, bread, pasta, yeasts, vinegar, and other fermented foods.
2. Drink lots of water. For every pound you weigh, drink at least ½ ounce of filtered water daily. Proper hydration is essential to help your sinuses eliminate contaminants, prevent dryness, and promote healing.
3. Rest. Get 8 to 10 hours of sleep. Your body is telling you to slow down to fight an infection.
4. Follow a targeted supplement protocol.
- AlliUltra® – considered “nature’s antibiotic,” this potent supplement contains highly concentrated allicin (garlic’s active component). AlliUltra provides powerful broad-spectrum support due to its antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial, and antiparasitic properties. Take 2 capsules three times daily.
- Pathway Vitamin C 1,000 mg – enhances the body’s immune response, has anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory properties. Take 1,000 mg three times daily with food.
- Pathway Vitamin D3 – deficiency of this critical vitamin is associated with higher incidence of respiratory infections, as well as chronic nasal and sinus inflammation. Boosting your vitamin D blood levels to the optimal range (50-80 ng/ml) provides powerful ongoing protection. For acute support, take 10,000 IU daily for 7 days, then 5,000 IU for 3 days.
- SinuThyme – this nutrient and herbal formula provides fast-acting relief for sinus and respiratory symptoms. It boosts your immune response, addresses inflammation, and helps to clear congestion.
5. Use a steam inhaler. Inhaling warm steam can moisten nasal mucus membranes and help to open congested nasal passages. Using a portable unit, such as Sinus Survival’s Steam Inhaler is an easy and convenient way to get fast relief. For added therapeutic benefit, add Sinus Survival Eucalyptus Oil® into the water chamber.
6. Irrigate your nasal passages. Rinsing your nasal passages is a very effective method of clearing out mucus, allergens and pathogens, and shrinking swollen nasal tissue so you can breathe easier. SinuPulse Elite® is an advanced irrigation system that gently flushes the sinus cavities and provides an effective method for quickly restoring healthy sinus function. Using the SinuPulse Elite after doing a steam inhalation is recommended.
7. Keep sinuses moist and clear. Using a nasal spray, such as Sinus Survival Herbal Nasal Spray® can help to soothe swollen nasal passages and also help to thin mucus. Spray 1 to 2 times in each nostril every 1 to 2 hours for acute support. Sleeping with a humidifier in your room is also beneficial.
8. Relieve congestion. Put a few drops of the Sinus Essentials Oil between your index finger and thumb, then gently rub it on the outside of your nostrils. The menthol in the peppermint oil is invigorating and is excellent at opening blocked airways. Sinus Essential Oil is best applied after using the Sinus Survival Herbal Nasal Spray®.
Sinus Survival is a holistic program designed to heal the root causes of respiratory and sinus distress. Designed by Dr. Rav Ivker, a leading integrative doctor who specializes in respiratory health, his comprehensive approach utilizes therapeutic nutrients, diet and lifestyle recommendations, and specific healing techniques to effectively address both acute and chronic sinus and allergy conditions.
Village Green Apothecary has a team of nutrition experts available to answer your sinus and respiratory questions and to provide you with personalized support and guidance. Contact us for further information about sinus issues or for other nutritional guidance.