There are some good health habits that each benefit everyone’s health.
I tell my patients that the cheap and easy habits are very helpful in building the immune system, improving sinus health, reducing stress (and the related inflammation it causes in the body and sinuses), building a good positive outlook (which benefits health), feeling connected to others, and improving mental health.
It takes 3 weeks of practicing something until you create a new habit, so write these down, review them daily, and begin to build healthier habits that will not only help you feel better, but will improve your sinus health so you won’t suffer with sinus pain:
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours
- Drink lots of water (at least ½ oz/lb body weight
- Avoid eating sugar, dairy, gluten grains, and red meat
- Spray frequently with saline; use a steam inhaler (or steam from shower), followed by irrigation with Sinupulse Elite® (best) or Neti Pot, or a squeeze=bottle device;
- Inhale pure peppermint (Sinus Essentials formulated specifically for it) and a medicinal eucalyptus oil
- Take vitamin C (3,000mg), E (400 I.U.), a multivitamin, and flaxseed and fish oil
- Walk briskly for at least 20-30 minutes each day
- Do an anger-release technique for at least 2-3 minutes
- Recite at least this one affirmation: “I’m always doing the best that I can.”
- Pray and/or meditate for at least 5 minutes/day
- Connect with a loved one or a close friend